Deploying your First Channel
This quick tutorial will walk you through setting up a Test Channel using the Push Staging dApp
In this tutorial, we will use the Push Staging dApp to launch our channel and test notifications features. It's incredibly simple and easy to deploy channels on the Push using our dApp. Without any further ado, let's set up our channel 🚀
Once Connected, go to the Developer > Create Channel
Create Channel Page
Channel Alias is immutable in Push Protocol v1 and can't be changed later
An alias address is required to enable your channel on other chains so that they are capable of triggering notifications on other chains apart from the Ethereum chain only.
Read the section attached below to learn more about channel alias addresses.
You will need to do two transactions (and optionally the third one if you are creating a multi-chain channel, more on that in step 6).
- 1.Approval of DAI -> This transaction ensures that your wallet address has successfully approved the EPNSCore contract to use 50 DAI on your behalf.
- 2.Channel Creation on EPNSCore -> Once approved, the 2nd transaction calls the channel creation function on EPNSCore smart contract to create the channel.
If you have created a multichain channel then you need to switch to that blockchain network and do another tx that verifies your channel on that network.
After successful channel creation, the EPNS dApp will start showing the Channel's Profile Page. There are a few details about this page listed below for your reference;
- This Channel Profile page shall only be visible to the Creator of the Channel.
- The Channel Profile page allows the channel owner to trigger notifications to its subscribers via the dApp.
- This page also gives the channel owner access to the Settings button through which the channel owner can perform multiple actions, such as adding a delegate notification sender for the channel, removing a delegate, deactivating the channel, etc.
Alright, now that you own a Channel, let's understand how you can send notifications to your subscribers and establish better communications in the Web3 world 🥳